Working with community partners to increase joy and decrease suffering.
- We are a grassroots organization
- We have little administrative costs
- Our projects are initiated by community partners
- We run short-term trips with a long-term focus
- We collaborate with other groups and organizations
- We respond to community needs quickly
- We work hard to maintain positive relationships with community partners
- We listen and respond to the community
- We respect local cultural values
- We educate our participants about best practices
Four keys steps are involved in our approach.
Educating privileged people about the reality of poverty and awakening in them a sense of responsibility towards change.
Providing opportunities for those people to participate in change making on many levels both in Canada and Jamaica.
Earning trust and respect from community partners through open-minded relationship building and communication.
Fulfilling community-initiated projects sustainably and collaboratively.